.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Whoosh, Whoosh, Whoosh, Whoosh

Today I am about 12 weeks pregnant! According to some, I am starting my second trimester (some doctors believe its after 13 weeks). Baby is about the size of a key lime and weighs about half an ounce. What better way to celebrate this milestone than hearing our baby's heartbeat. I was in the middle of making a Christmas wreath when there was a knock at the door. The mailman was kind enough to let us know that we have a package and there was my doppler! I have been waiting a whole week for it to come. I quickly down an entire glass of water and ask Steve to help me put it together. Then we searched for batteries. Finally after quickly glancing through the instructions, we decided to give it a shot. At first we didn't hear much. We were getting between 120-125 which I know is an artery. Then we heard whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh  really fast and the machine read 155. There was baby! Below is a recording of baby. Bear with me while I find baby in the video. He/She was moving around and I kept loosing the heartbeat. The end of the video is much better.

Hope you all enjoy hearing baby as much as I did!