.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014!

This past  Friday Liam turned 1 1/2 years old. It was amazing to think that so much has happened in such a tiny amount of time and that it flew by so incredibly fast. 

During this winter break, I have been taking him to the library so that he can get a change in scenery. Every time I go I think it will be better than last time and every time something happens that makes us leave the library in a rush. Monday, after his blood test, I took him home, got him a snack, changed his diaper and got him back into the car to go to the library. There weren't too many toddlers there and he grew bored very fast. He thought it was a lot more fun to climb the stairs and run screaming through the adult section of the library and play (and get soaked) by the water fountain in the children's section of the library. And again, I was that mom, carrying her kicking, screaming, strong willed toddler out of the children's section because he found playing in the water fountain much more entertaining than drinking from it and then from library because I wouldn't let him run outside on his own without a coat (still soaked from the water fountain).

Medical Update on Liam: As mentioned above, he had his blood drawn at the hospital again this past Monday. He was such as good boy and didn't even cry until they stuck him with the needle. They were able to get out two vials without too much fuss and then he stopped crying after they were done and offered him a sticker. We should know the results at his  18 month appointment this Thursday.

Medical Update on me: I had my doctors appointment today with my nephrologist today. He was very pleased with my blood work and doesn't want to see me for another 3 months. He said that I can get off of the prednisone faster and so for the next two weeks I am on an alternating dose of 5 and 2.5 mgs. Then in two weeks, I drop down to 2.5mg for two weeks and then I am done! He will repeat my blood work in 6 weeks to make sure everything is ok and then he will start lowering the cellcept. My kidneys finally stopped leaking out red blood cells and he said that the only thing wrong is that I am still leaking protein (1.4).

Two Christmas's with the Grandmas: My mother-in-law was here last weekend (weekend before Christmas). I made a roast chicken and we exchanged gifts. Liam got socks, a car set as well as a little house with blocks and people, which he all loved (not sure he cared too much about the socks but they made me happy).  He loved having her here and it was sad to see her go.



Then this past weekend my mother and stepfather came into town. It was a great weekend and I even made (with my mothers help) a beautiful prime rib roast for dinner with all the trimmings. She bough Liam a table and chair set, a broom, crayons and a coloring book. He loved it all, especially his table set and having his Grandma here.



What will 2014 bring? I am sure it will bring more temper tantrums, more laughing, more crying and probably a lot more patients (on my end). What I am hoping it will bring is my citizenship, great and wonderful changes to our house and good health for the entire family. There will probably be some surprises and unexpected challenges but such is life. Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014. I welcome you with open arms!