.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30 Weeks old!

Liam with his mesh teether
Today my little man is 30 weeks old and 5 days shy of his 7 month birthday!  I know the old clique "They grow so fast" is said often but its true! He is sitting up on his own, eating solids twice a day and his personality is blossoming.

Solids: Solids are going well and he is now eating twice a day, 2 ounces at each sitting. I try to give him a veg at one sitting, and a fruit at another. He has tried: sweet potato, roasted butternut squash, carrots, green beans, pears, apples, avocado and bananas. I bought him a mesh teether and placed some banana in it. He loved it until he got to the middle of the banana (which was a bit too starchy for his taste). I plan to let them ripe a little bit more and try again. We have also tried puffs (strawberry/apple) which he didn't really like too much. I am planning on trying peaches and zucchini next (not together). There has been some research back and forth on meat. We are waiting until he is 8 months for him to try meat.

Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding is going well and his amount of nursing really hasn't changed. He still eats about every 2 hours (sometimes a 3 hour gap in the morning) and about every 2-3 hours at night.
Liam sitting up on his own for the first time!

Sleep training: Well we are taking one step forward and two steps back. Naps at home are going great! He will usually take a nap in the morning and in the afternoon with out much fuss. I put him down about 90% of the time awake and he usually wakes up happy. Daycare is a different story. He doesn't nap. Period. And if he does, its for about 30 minutes total. At home he will sleep about an hour in the morning and 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon. I am hoping that he will get back into a routine and will start napping again now that I am back at work. At night, 75% of the time he will go to sleep without a fuss and is awake. Bedtime is 6pm and he usually wakes up to start his day between 6am-7am. Within that time he usually wakes up around 10pm, 1am and 4am. Once in a while, if hes not napped, he will wake up at 8pm. If he wakes up at 8, I usually nurse him but will rock him back to sleep at the 10pm wakeup. If he wakes up at 5am-6am grumpy, I will change his diaper and let him talk/play in his crib till 7. He likes to look at his blanket, and play with his bear.

Overall, everything is going great. I love being a mom, I laugh every day and I can't wait to see what he will learn next.