.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011, the big reveal!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! This year was especially special as we were able to tell Steve's side of the family our great news! We spent Thanksgiving at his grandmothers. We told his mom by giving her a card that said "Happy Thanksgiving Grandma". At first she was very confused, but after opening up the card and reading We're pregnant in large letters, she gave me a giant hug and burst into tears. It was wonderful! The rest of the family took it well too, with lots of congrats to both Steve and I.

I helped make all the trimmings for the turkey and as dinner time rolled around, I was so excited to try and enjoy Thanksgiving with some turkey, gravy and all the fixings... alas, not this year. As I ate a small piece of turkey, my taste buds screamed "NO! GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!". The turkey was horrible (due to baby, not my wonderful mother-in-laws cooking). Everyone else loved it and the bird looked beautiful. However, I did manage to eat LOTS of sweet potatoes :). On top of raw carrots, crackers and delicious ice cream, I was quite full by the end of the visit. Of course, upon arriving back home at my parents house, I was ready to start all over again, eating a banana, ginger cookies, pumpkin pie (couldn't finish because it tasted way too salty) and a croissant. We decided to make the announcement public on Facebook, with my status: has been diagnosed with two heartbeats, and Steve's status: mission accomplished, my wife is pregnant! We got lots of congrats from friends and family and all in all it was a great night. By 9, I was tired and ready for bed.

I am ever so thankful for all the support and love that we are receiving from our family and friends. It has been such a busy year: getting married, buying a house and now getting pregnant. But I wouldn't change it for anything. We are both so happy and blessed. And now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, onto Christmas!!! Totally excited to get a Christmas tree in our new home. Yey for the holidays!!!