Saturday, October 5, 2013

Long awaited update: My battles with yeast, health update, daycare update

I finally have a chance to write the long awaited update. It has been a crazy start of the fall semester and so I really have not had to much time to devote to blogging.

Milestones: Liam is 15 months and 1 week old. He has grown leaps and bounds and at his 15 month appointment, he was 27lbs, 33" tall. He still isn't much of a talker (though he will babble the same nonsense over and over), but he does know a couple of new words (and when I say a couple, I mean 2). His vocabulary consists of: Momma, Dadda (or Daaaaaad), Go (usually gogogogogo) and Ut-oh (which I thought for the longest time was apple). He does say dededededede but I am really not too sure what he means by that. He does sign two signs: "milk" and "all done".

He has become a picky eater and getting him to eat anything other than fruit, bread, mac & cheese, yogurt, cheese, and PB&J has become a challenge. He hates anything green. I have fed him a sweet potato which he did like, as well as zucchini bread but I don't always have time to bake a loaf. For breakfast he usually has some sort of fruit, a waffle (homemade) or toast. Then I usually have mini-wheat's which he will eat half of. 

He hugs, gives kisses, climbs, sings, dances (especially to itsy bitsy spider), runs, pees in the tub (standing up), screams and throws temper tantrums. A new challenge is changing his diaper. He will scream bloody murder when I lay him down. He HATES his diaper changed with a passion, which brings me to my next topic... cloth diapers and the yeast battle.

Cloth Diapers: I love my cloth diapers, don't get me wrong, but I HATE the rashes they cause when battling yeast. I have been battling yeast on and off for 2 months and I am sick of it. We have been in and out of disposable diapers for the past couple of weeks and just when I think I have it all figured out... the horrible evil rash returns. My next challenge... strip his diapers and wash them with bleach, tea tree oil (which I have) and grapefruit extract (which I plan to buy).

Babywearing: Recently, I have been able to use my carrier with Liam and for the most part, as long as I am moving, hes great in it. Most of the time, I feel that he would prefer to walk (run).

Activities: I have tried to do some weekend activities with Liam. Those include trips to the park (local or one town over), trips to the library, trips to the grocery store (I know, not that exciting but he loves the free samples) or the hardware store (with daddy) and most recently, our trip to go apple picking

Daycare: His new daycare is going well except that he hates me leaving as much as when I was at the other daycare. He cries every time I go and it breaks my heart. I hear him screaming as I walk away and head to my car. I am hoping this will get better in the next couple of weeks.

Health Update (me): My health was improving until recently. At my last doctors apt, he was convinced that I would be in remission by Christmas. Its been 1 month since that visit and my kidney creatinine levels have increased (from a 1 to a 1.4) and my ANA test has come back positive again. My hair has started to fall out and there has been a slight daily swelling. I am sure that the stress I am under at work with the new semester isn't helping.

Health Update (Liam): Liam got over his croup ok, but a lingering cough turned into a lingering runny nose. This in turn lead to his double ear infection. He is now doing much better. He did have a fever of 104degF last weekend but one quick call to the on-call doctor and they switched his antibiotics to something stronger. We have not tested his new lead levels but I should be having that done within a week or two.

Teeth and Sleep: Liam pretty much has all his teeth except his bottom canines and the four rear molars. He is still sleeping well at night (except when he is sick) and takes 2-3 hour names daily. At daycare he will nap from about 12:45-3:00pm. Today, he slept till 4:15. His bedtime varies between 6:00pm and 7:00pm with a wakeup time usually around 5:30am.

It's late and I am exhausted. There may be an Part 2 if I forgot something.Thanks for reading!