.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

13 Months at Ashton Farms


Last week I was down at my moms. She was helping me take care of Liam and giving me a break from cooking and cleaning. On Saturday, Liams 13 month birthday, we decided to visit a close family friend, Wendy, who owns a 40 acre farm. I have been going to the farm since I was a little girl, and I was excited to bring my son there. He had a blast. He went in a pool for the first time (I was able to be in the shade in the pool for most of the time) and he got to see puppies, horses, donkeys and chickens. He was a bit unsure of the dogs but wasn't phased by the horses, donkeys or chickens. Below are some photos from the day.

First time in the pool. Stuart (husband of Wendy and one of the owners of the Farm) was holding him.
Liam thought that my hat was hilarious and kept trying to take it off.
A walk down by the pond.
Liam with Grandma
And below are some photos of when I was a little girl at the farm. They are taken in 1995 and 1996. I would have been between 11 and 12.

Me brushing a little Shetland pony that belonged to the farm.
My Cousins and I fishing down by the pond. I was very much into horses and fishing. I am the one holding the little sunny.
Me doing a flip into the pool.
Me and a little horse named Chas that I took care of over the summer. He was a great horse.