.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thinker of thoughts, Dreamer of dreams

My thinker of thoughts, Dreamer of dreams
With 6 weeks experience of being a Mom, I can easily say it has been the toughest, most demanding, time consuming and rewarding job I have ever had.

I had my 6 week post-partum checkup tuesday. Everything went ok and they were happy with where I was (weight, physical health, mental health).

Steve and I are slowly getting a routine. I have started prepping for work again and trying to get life back to "normal".  It helps having such support from friends and family.

I have had my silly mom proud moments: when I can shower, eat lunch and make the bed all in one afternoon! I am thrilled (as only a wife can be) when my husband is able to calm our son to sleep after endless crying.

Things only a mother would do: Sing wheels on the bus real loud  to her baby in the bouncer... while in the shower. Go for a stroll to the library, with baby in his stroller... in order to eat lunch. Lay on the couch, snuggled with baby while listening to soothing sounds of.... a vacuum. Take a drive with baby while listening to....static. Saying good job when baby burps... scowling when her husband does it.