.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30 Weeks!

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant. Baby is just under 3 lbs and just under 16 inches in length (give or take). He is growing big and very strong. I really do notice the rolls and stretching are much stronger. My entire belly will contort. Sometimes he gets so hyper that he actually sets off braxon hicks contractions. I sometimes just lay my hand on my belly and feel him under there, moving around.

Many people have commented that I am "all baby". I do see that I have a basket ball hanging out in front but I definitively see that I have gained some inches in other places as well. I am not complaining as I know that I am pregnant and it comes with the territory. It does make deciding what to wear more difficult.

Symptoms: Leg cramps! Oh the pain of leg cramps! If you have ever had a charlie horse in your leg, imagine getting that every night by just moving your leg the wrong way. I have had them almost every night and I had them in both legs last night. Also last week, I had heartburn for the first real time this pregnancy. It only happened that one day but it was horrible. I thankfully have not had any since. Shortness of breath and chest pain are still  common but not so bad yet. I am still tired and very thankful that there is only 1 1/2 more weeks left of teaching.

Cloth Diaper class: I went to the cloth diaper class on Saturday. It was a bit disappointing. My poor husband pulled his back out mowing the lawn and so I attended the class solo. I didn't learn much but what I will put in another post.

Baby buys: We were given a rocking chair glider from a student worker at my work. The glider is 17 years old but it still works. We plan to recover the pillows and then I will take a picture to show it off.

It's hard to imagine that there is 10 weeks to go... I can't wait to meet him!

Here is a photo of me at 30 weeks, 2 days. I have been told that its very much a "boy" bump.