.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The woes of flying and joys of fetal movement

I am 16 weeks 4 days pregnant, back from sunny AZ and although I miss my sister, brother-in-law and nephew (and the warm weather), I am happy to see my husband. The flight home was a bear and I am glad not to have to fly the rest of my pregnancy. The first leg I was hungry, dizzy and bored. I was on an older plan without TVs. I ended up sleeping most of the flight. The second leg was from Chicago and I was in a completely different terminal. The shuttle to take me to the other terminal was down two flights of stairs. No elevator. Thankfully there are still kind people in the world and this gentleman carried my bag down the stairs, onto the shuttle, off the shuttle, and back up the stairs. My second leg of the trip was on a very small plane (2 seats on each side). I ended up sitting next to a retired navy dentist who now admins the dental exams at UCONN. He lives in Hawaii but does a lot of traveling. He was very nice but I was so dizzy and nauseous, I just wanted to be home.

I had written in my last post about baby moving. It has been pretty constant and every time he/she moves, it brings a smile to my face. Baby was moving a lot while on the plane and after I got home. Unfortunately Steve can't feel it yet. Even as I write this, I am getting little pokes. Baby is mostly active in the morning, at night and after I eat something. I have been reading that fetal movement all depends on the position of baby, the position of your uterus, and if it's your first, second, etc baby. When the baby's spine is facing out (legs, arms facing in towards spine), you are more likely not to feel baby.

Two more weeks till the anatomy scan. We are still discussing baby names and I am glad there is still a little over 23 weeks left. Girl names are easy and we have agreed on a couple. Boy names are a different story.