.

Monday, December 19, 2011

13 Weeks!


This week I am 13 weeks and baby is the size of a medium shrimp! Baby is about 3 inches long, weighs about 1 ounce and is also growing fingerprints. I have started to definitely out grown my pants and have been wearing what is called a "belly band". Its basically a spandex band that covers the top portion of the pants so that I don't have to zip them up. I still have meat aversions but I think I am going to try and buy some fish today and cook that up. Wish me luck!!!

No new symptoms. I definitely have much more energy and much less morning sickness.  It's been a lot colder lately and Christmas is next week! I had high hopes to eat steak for Christmas but if the fish goes well, I may be eating that instead. I am told that I am only allowed 6-12 oz per week of fish which shouldn't be too hard. I also have been cooking a bland white sauce (from scratch). Its just a simple roux (1 table spoon butter with 1 table spoon flour). I add in about 2 cups of milk and whatever mild cheese I have on hand. Then sometimes some thyme or Italian seasonings. I've tried wine sauces but they aren't very good. My next doctors appointment is tomorrow. Maybe she can give me some more protein ideas.