.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy 30th!

At the beginning of February I turned the big 3-0. Thirty years ago, I was born 8 weeks premature at 3 lbs 11 oz. Because my mother was sick at the time, my sister named me. They chose my name out of a book due to its meaning "Precious".



Due to a snow storm this year, Steve gave me my cake a day early. It was wonderful! He had it special ordered from a bakery. The cake consisted of chocolate cake, with chocolate mousse and
Bavarian creme. I received some great gifts which included shoes from my mother, makeup and restaurant gift card from my sister, DVDs, candy and other items from a close friend, a parenting book and money from my mother-in-law and a beautiful pencil post canopy bed from my husband. We ate home-made pizza and watched one of the DVDs that night (and ate lots of cake, of course). Mother nature had even given us a day off of work due to the 8" of snow we received. All in all, a great day.