.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

28 Weeks, 3 days

Today I am just over 28 weeks pregnant. Baby is about 2 1/4 lbs (weight of a Chinese Cabbage) and just under 15 inches long. We are visiting family for the Easter weekend. I was also able to see a childhood bestfriend who is 31-ish weeks pregnant. She is the one who has inspired me to do cloth diapering and has been a real support for all my first time mom questions.

One thing that has shown up on my belly (which I really thought I was not going to get) is the "pregnancy stripe" aka linea nigra. For those who do not know what that is, its a tan/black stripe that runs vertical in the middle of the belly. Mine is very very faint, and hopefully will stay very faint. It does go away a couple of months after birth and it is due to hormones. Also, my belly button has fully popped (noticeable outside of clothing).

My mother has bought me tons and tons of cloths for baby. They are super cute, includes onesies with pictures on the butt (i.e. crab, car, bunny). We seem to be set for newborn and 0-3 months, have we have about 4, 3-6 month cloths, including his first pair of jeans!

Steve is still working on the dresser and will hope to have that done this month. I also had my 2 week doctors apt and everything was great. My sugar level was 103 (they worry if its over 120), my blood pressure and weight were great. I was told that I shouldn't drink any pregnancy herbal tea until 36 weeks. She was afraid of inducing contracts.

Hope everyone reading this has a great holiday weekend!