.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

27 Weeks! Hello 3rd Trimester!

I am 27 weeks pregnant and starting my 3rd Trimester! Yesterday was March 27th and baby's due date is only 3 months away (June 27th). He is growing nice and strong, weighing just under 2 lbs (weight of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.5 inches long.

As you can tell from previous posts, this week has been a busy baby week. Steve started stripping the baby's changing table/dresser, and he put together the crib. I also signed up for prenatal classes.

Symptoms: Weight has been pretty consistent (136.8) which means I am at a 20lb weight gain. I am feeling more tired in the afternoon and achy but nothing too major. One thing that does hurt are my ribs. After a meal, or if he decides to move up, my rib cage feels like its on fire. Sometimes sleeping can be uncomfortable but Steve has been a real great husband. He lets me sleep with 3 pillows (1 at my head, one lengthwise between him and I, and my body pillow lengthwise on the other side of me).

Weather was beautiful last week but has turned cold again this week. :( I want my spring temps back! I can't believe that next week its Easter. Below is a recent belly shot (don't mind the messy bathroom).