.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!

Today we had our anatomy scan and as you can tell from the title, we are having a little BOY! We are both thrilled.

Two days ago, I actually dreamed that I had a little boy. The dream did turn creepy when the baby could talk the day after he was born and kept telling me that it was tummy time! I guess I subconsciously knew he was a he.

We left for our appointment at 7:45 this morning and got to the hospital alittle after 8am. I was pretty nervous and just wanted to see our little one. They called us in and I got up on the familiar table. The tech was in a rush and got started right away. I think she was a little put off that I was only 18 weeks and 5 days (not 20 weeks). She mumbled something like she prefers them older. I took no notice and waited patiently for baby to appear on the screen.

First we got to see the brain, and she went down the body, organ by organ to make sure everything looked ok. She noticed kidneys were working fine, and that the heart had the right number of chambers. She took measurements of the hands, feet, legs, and arms. All was normal. Then she asked us if we wanted to know the sex. I said Yes and she told us its a little boy. We both looked at each other and smiled. Steve had a giant smile on his face. My next comment, "Now we have to agree on a name!" Thankfully we have 21 weeks to figure it all out. I will write a week 19 update on Wednesday.


Our little boy's foot
Our little boy's Hand












Side shot of our beautiful baby.