.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

42 Weeks Old! Semi-Cruising, pancakes, waving, gardening

Liam is 42 Weeks old and 10 days shy of his 10 month birthday! Over the past couple of weeks, Liam has become a pro at getting around, and has now started to semi-cruise. He can't quite pull himself up on furniture but he did take his first full (but wobbly) steps from one side of the room to the other while holding onto my hands.

As the weather warms, we have started to spend much more time outdoors. He loves it! On warm days, I will walk to the library, and he will snooze in his stroller. Last Sunday, we did some gardening and he just sat in his stroller and watched. When it gets a bit warmer, I plan to bring the pack-n-play outdoors for him to enjoy.

About a week ago I decided to make the family pancakes. I made Liam special ones, without the baking soda. He LOVED them. I got the recipe from wholesomebabyfood.com and tweaked it a little  I added 1/2 a cup of flour, 1/4 cup of barley, 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1 tbsp of flaxmeal, handful of blueberries, and watered down pear puree. They were not as fluffy as regular pancakes but it was nice to give him something that he can feed himself with.

One milestone the doctors mention that he should be doing is waving. I always assumed this meant on command and waving bye bye. I now think they mean just in general, which he now does. Over the past 2 weeks, he will wave both hands very excitedly in the air, almost like he is dancing.

This Saturday is the Great Diaper Change! I will be sure to take photos and will try to blog about it next week!

Don't forget to check out my post on updated videos of Liam.