.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

23 Weeks! Happy Leap Year!

Today I am 23 weeks pregnant and our baby is ~11.5 inches and just over a pound. He is the length of a scallion.


I have definitely felt more tired this week. Two nights ago, sleeping seemed impossible as both feet decided they would go numb. Not sure if it was due to swelling, or due to baby sitting on a nerve but I was tossing and turning, throwing pillows under my feet and between my legs. Nothing helped. I got up, walked around, did some foot exercises and rubbed cream on my feet. They finally woke back up and I was able to relax. Last night, Oliver, our cat decided that he was awake and wanted everyone else awake. He scratched on doors, ran up and down the stairs, cried. I threw pillows. Please do not think that when my child is crying that I will instinctually hurl pillows, socks, slippers or any other object close by at my son. Oliver is a special case and has been difficult since we got him. I thought he had settled down once we moved into the new house... apparently he was bored last night. I finally threw my last available pillow at him (I was not going to give up the body pillow) and he got the hint. He jumped up into bed and settled down.  This better not be a nightly ritual again.

We did purchase a humidifier for the bedroom. Not sure it its making a difference. We had it on a little too high last night and woke up with the floor soaked. We are debating on whether or not we are going to return it. Steve also was a wonderful husband this past weekend and installed a giant mirror in our bathroom. It has made getting ready in the morning much easier. 

 I have not had a chance to pick up my knitting as I have been swamped with teaching. I am giving my students an exam this week, of which I have to write 6 different copies. On top of getting next week prepped, I am super busy. We are suppose to get snow today and tomorrow... I'm hoping it won't be that bad. Where I work is going to get hardest with 6+inches predicted. We shall see.

Here is an updated belly shot. I have not measured the belly today. I did weigh myself and I am at just about 133lbs. ~17 weeks to go!