.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wean me Gently

Today I came across a such a beautiful poem that I just had to share.

Wean Me Gently
by Cathy Cardall

I know I look so big to you, 
Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have. 
But no matter how big we get, 
We still have needs that are important to us. 
I know that our relationship is growing and changing, 
But I still need you. 
I need your warmth and closeness, 
Especially at the end of the day 
When we snuggle up in bed. 
Please don't get too busy for us to nurse. 
I know you think I can be patient, 
Or find something to take the place of a nursing; 
A book, a glass of something, 
But nothing can take your place when I need you. 
Sometimes just cuddling with you, 
Having you near me is enough. 
I guess I am growing and becoming independent, 
But please be there. 
This bond we have is so strong and so important to me, 
Please don't break it abruptly. 
Wean me gently, 

Because I am your mother, 
And my heart is tender.