.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

20 year jail sentence?

Today I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant (7 weeks, 4 days). I went to the dentist and had my usual cleaning. Pretty much a clean bill of health minus one small cavity starting to form. As the dentist went to leave, he said (with a smile) "Congrats on your 20 year jail sentence". I was kinda taken aback by that. I know that children are dependent on you and expensive but I really would never feel like this is a sentence... and I would hope that I would never feel like that. I can't even imagine my life without children in it.

On a side note, after saying all that, this baby is kicking my a$$. I have been sick on and off for the past week. I am exhausted and my tastes have dramatically changed. I really thought "Pregnancy? It's gonna be a breeze". Boy oh boy... I was wrong! I just keep thinking, the more I am sick, the more confirmation I have that this little bean is growing nice and strong. I just wish that my aversion to foods would stop. I did discover to my relief that I can eat burgers. Not sure how healthy it is to live off of red meat alone as my protein. I may try chicken marsala tonight and see how it goes (since its already pretty sweet).