.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mommy and Me Class

Just this past week I received an email from my hospital offering a Mommy and Me class. They normally send emails on postpartum yoga classes, breastfeeding classes, and weekly growth updates according to when he was born.

The Mommy and Me class is called "Enjoying Infants Together" and is a 6 weeks series class. The description, "[] Hospital’s Parent Education Program is offering this special program, led by a pediatric nurse practitioner, for parents and their infants up to 12 months old. Discussion topics will include play/exercise, importance of touch, sleep patterns/problems, nutrition, injury prevention and reading to your infant."

The class is about 2 miles from my house and in the same building as my OB. It meets for about an hour, and is timed perfectly (right after Liam's typical nap time).  I am hoping to get to know some of the local new moms and maybe have some play dates. The class will start next Wednesday :).