.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last week to go... hopefully!

This hopefully will be my last week pregnant unless baby decides to come past his due date. I am 39 weeks pregnant and baby weighs 7.5+ lbs (we'll find out when hes born). He also is between 20-22 inches.

I have had a lot of people ask me if I am ready. I don't think anyone is ever truly ready for their first baby. I think much of it is learn as you go, trust your instincts, and know who to ask what when you need to.

This week has been tough. Swelling has been pretty bad at night and so sleeping hasn't been very good. I try to get my naps in when I can. Today is the first day of summer and it just happens to be a VERY VERY hot day. They are predicting a heat index of 103 (actual temp of 97), with tomorrow being hotter. I had my doctors apt early this morning (thankfully it wasn't too hot then) and this time it was with a midwife. She doesn't believe in checking dilation unless you are contracting so I just got my weight and blood pressure checked, fecundity measured and a heartbeat. I am measuring right on the dot at 39 inches with no other issues so it was a good but quick visit.  Hopefully it will be my last appointment but I have another scheduled for next week tuesday. They then plan an ultrasound later that week to check on baby and discuss the possibility of an induction (usually between 41-42 weeks).

I hope that the next time I am posting, it will be to say that I am heading to the hospital to meet my son! And if not, at least I know that its not too much longer. :)